The Bake Off returns for 2017!
We’re very excited to have our famous ‘Bake Off’ competition back for another year. If you’d like to enter check out the categories and age groups below, you’ll also need to register and download an entry form!
11 to 17
4 Cup Cakes
Decorated Birthday Cake
Plate of Cookies or Brownies
Show Stopper Cake (Theme: “Summer Garden”)
How do I enter?
- Pick a section to enter and choose your relevant age category.
- Register your entry below using the online form.
- Download an additional paper entry here! Please fill this out and hand it in with your cake on the day itself.
- Please bring all entries to the Ticket Office/Main Entrance (by the Tennis Courts) at Duke Street Park between 8am and 10.30am on Saturday 15th July 2017 (No entries will be accepted after 10.30am)
- Please read the full rules at the bottom of the page!
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED FOR 2017
Please bring all entries to the Ticket Office/Main entrance (by the Tennis Courts) at Duke Street Park between 8am and 10.30am on Saturday 15th July 2017 (No entries will be accepted after 10.30am)
- 4 Cup Cakes
- Decorated Birthday Cake
- Plate of Cookies or brownies
- Show Stopper Cake (Theme “Summer Garden”)
- Under 11 years
- 11 to 17 years
- 18 plus years
Collect all prizes and entries between 5.30pm and 6pm on Sunday 16th July to give plenty of time for all our visitors to admire your work.
- Submissions must be home cooked and not shop bought.
- Please do not submit anything that requires refrigeration.
- All submissions will become the property of Formby Festival until collected by the competitor after 5.30 pm on Sunday 16th July.
- Any uncollected items will be disposed of at 6pm on Sunday 16th July.
- Contestants may work individually or as a team.
- Prizes will be awarded to 1 member/1 team only, not each individual within a team.
- Entries will be judged on taste, texture and appearance on Saturday the Friday evening.
- Prizes will be announced on Saturday 15th July 2015 at 12 noon.
- The decisions of the judges are final and appeals will not be considered.
- 4 Cup Cakes – may be regular or mini in size, presented on one paper plate.
- Birthday Cake decorated– one layer presented on a cake board.
- Plate of cookies or brownies– any number, any size, up to 6, presented on one paper plate.
- Show Stopper – one or more layers presented on a cake board
ENSURE YOUR COMPLETE YOUR ENTRY FORM AND SUBMIT IT TO US AND ALSO DOWNLOAD YOUR EXHIBIT FORM
COMPLETE AND BRING IT WITH YOU WHEN YOU BRING YOUR ENTRY